|Author||Cody W Burns|
- In reference to: EIP-150
- Concerning: Long-term gas cost changes for IO-heavy operations to mitigate transaction spam attacks
With the understanding that:
- This is a fork intended for protocol improvement.
- This is mutually beneficial to all etherem clients in order to mitigate current attacks.
- Ethcore and Ethereum Foundation intend to implement the changes in unison on or around block 2,463,000
- An unknown number of ETC nodes are using –oppose-dao clients and will be switched to the EIP gas price model at block 2,463,000
Issues to address:
- The need to avoid silverware drawer of ethereums:
- EF Official
- EF Official- no eip 150 fork
- EF TheDao Classic (accepted 1920k but ignored GasReprice, not upgraded nodes basically)
- ETC Early GasReprice, block 2,463,000 (uses upgraded EF version of geth with –oppose-dao flag)
- ETC Late GasReprice, block 2500000 (uses etc version 2.0.0 client)
- Ethereum Classic Classic (doomed) no forks ever from homestead
- Urgency - this needs to be ready for testing as soon as humanly possible.
- MAKE THE PLAN KNOWN. on all channels. smoke signals as need be.
- MAKE KNOWN TO EVERYONE WHAT THE DECISION IS AND PUBLISH REQUIRED CHANGES IN ACCEPTED ECIP.
- Incorporate EIP-150 as ECIP-1015, to follow our process
- Attempt to reach agreement with EF devs to either support etc flag forking on 2,500,000, or disable –oppose-dao-fork switch completely (absent that, an active campaign to get people to upgrade to classic geth)
- Get parity buy-in to make a new release supporting our HF (which would require a PR be submited for json config change)
- Implement ECIP-1015 on top of our 2.0.0 geth code base, test it
- Release new classic geth version, promote its usage heavily among ETC users, as well as with pools, exchanges, and wallets that support ETC
- Hard fork on block 2,500,000 ~2016-10-25
This work is licensed under Apache License, Version 2.0.